This page was updated on 27 June 2022. To ensure safety at all our events, we’ll be following the latest government advice around vaccinations and social distancing, as well as individual venue rules for ExCeL London and the NEC Birmingham. We’ll be updating this page with any changes, and encourage all our fans to keep an eye on the latest government advice when attending our shows.
Security, Health, & Safety
We’re excited to welcome you back to MCM Comic Con!
As always, your health and safety are our top priorities. We’ve implemented new guidelines and policies to help support a safe experience. Every attendee, including fans, exhibitors, artists, guests, crew, and staff, are expected to comply with our health and safety requirements, including:
ll attendees are encouraged to wear face coverings or masks if they feel comfortable, but this is not a requirement for entry.
We strongly encourage attendees to continue wearing masks to further reduce infection risk and ensure a safe show for everybody, although wearing a mask is down to your personal choice and what you feel comfortable with.
Please remember that if you travel to the venue using public transport that they may require you to wear a face covering.
We also reserve the right to require masks in certain areas of the show if needed or required by guests, such as the autographing area. Any such requirements will be announced closer to the event.
We will have enhanced cleaning throughout the show and plenty of hand sanitising stations available. It is the responsibility of everyone to maintain personal hygiene, including washing your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
Ventilation will be increased, improving fresh air circulation in line with the latest guidance.
The above policy is subject to change. We are committed to upholding the health & safety standards outlined on this page and will continue to update these as we respond to the latest information. Additional details about policies and procedures will be posted here as they are made available.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation, and we can’t wait to celebrate together safely at MCM 2022!
To read our full Terms & Conditions for MCM London Comic Con, click here.
To read our full Terms & Conditions for MCM Birmingham Comic Con, click here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
No. Although it is no longer a legal obligation MCM recommends everyone onsite wears face masks, except those who are exempt, but masks are not compulsory. This policy is subject to change and we reserve the right to modify precautions in certain areas or at certain times.
No. MCM Birmingham is aligning with the rest of the UK safety measures for events and as such, are removing the requirement of providing vaccination, negative Lateral Flow test, or exemption upon entry to the event this May. We may change our policy again, so please continue to check our website and newsletter as we get closer to the show.
MCM Birmingham is aligning with the rest of the UK safety measures for events. This decision isn’t one we take lightly or without quite a lot of discussion about what is best and safest for all of us. We’re looking forward to running another amazing event for you, as fun and safe as possible.
In our current guidelines there are no requirements for mask or proof of COVID-19 status regardless of exemptions.
We are not implementing these as standard but talent reserves the right to modify precautions at any time due to comfort level at the time of the event.
Service, Safety and Security at our Events
The safety and security of our staff and attendees is our priority. We work closely with the venue, local and national authorities to identify risks, assess them and develop security plans for our events.
Everyone attending our events should be aware that the following are in place:
- Customer Service staff may approach you to assist you outside, at entry or inside the event
- Staff and attendees are required to have their ID badge available for checking at all times
- Bag checks are in operation at our events
- Walkthrough or hand held scanners may be in operation at our events
- CCTV in operation at our events is monitored and recorded
- Uniformed and covert Security Guards are in attendance at our events
- Uniformed and covert Police are in attendance at some of our events
- Canine Security and Detection is in operation at some of our events
Everyone attending our events is requested to:
- Keep personal property with you at all times and do not leave any items unattended
- Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious or just out of place to a member of event staff
- Remain patient and courteous with event staff undertaking security checks.
- Follow the instructions of event staff at all times
- On their final visit to the event, dispose of their badge inside the event or when they’ve returned home, not in bins immediately outside the event.
- Carry a recognised form of photo ID with them at all times.
- If a person engages in harassing behaviour, MCM Comic Con staff will take prompt action in any form they deem appropriate, including expulsion from MCM Comic Con with no refund. Our policy applies to EVERYONE at the convention. Exhibitors, fans (attendees), speakers, guests, professionals, press, staff, volunteers, and security are all subject to our anti-harassment policy and will be held to the same standards and disciplinary action.
- For more information and details on reporting harassment, please visit our Anti-Harassment Policy Page.