If you would like to be put on the waiting list for MCM Birmingham's 2023 Artist Alley, Please fill out this registration form completely and fully.
Space is limited and this form will close on Friday, 1 of September 2023. 5:00 PM BST.
Artist Alley is curated and NOT first-come, first-served; the order that we receive applications does not have an impact on whether you receive a table.
Instructions for obtaining an Artist Alley table:
- Fill out the following table request form (this is not a contract). Registration will close at 5:00 PM BST Friday, 1 of September.
- Please limit your application to one creator submission; we cannot accept applications from publishers or other group submissions.
- We will contact all artists by 5:00 PM BST on 15 of September 2023 with the status of their registration.
- If your request is accepted you will then be sent a payment link and further details no later than 15 of September 2023.
- All artists who are accepted will be welcome to purchase a full 1.82 meters table and two artist alley badges for - 150 Vat Included You must pay in full by Tuesday 25 of October order to reserve your space, so please plan accordingly.
If you are accepted and are coming from outside of the UK, please ensure you are authorized to sell merchandise in the UK. MCM will not be able to advise on this, therefore we suggest you look for expert guidance on this before displaying and selling items at MCM Comic Con if you are not a UK resident.
Before you officially apply for MCM Comic Con Birmingham Artist Alley, please be aware of some of the rules and restrictions we have to ensure all artists have a successful and enjoyable event. All banners/displays must be free standing, single-sided and only a few inches deep. Please make sure that the tops of all banners/displays are no more than 8ft tall (from the floor) and no more than 5.5ft wide; please keep in mind that tables are 2.5ft high when measuring your display.
- You will have White walls in your area to separate Artist Alley tables; PLEASE NOTE: you may affix signage to these walls using Velcro Only, double sided
- All banners/displays must be free standing, single-sided and only a few inches deep.
- Please make sure that the tops of all banners/ displays are no more than 8ft tall (from the floor) and no more than 6ft wide; please keep in mind that tables are 2.5ft high when measuring your display. This applies to all tables, even if on a corner and/or against a wall/curtain.
- PLEASE DO NOT ENCROACH ON YOUR NEIGHBHORS SPACE ON ANY SIDE INLCUDING BEHIND YOU.
- Displays on tables can be no more than 4ft high from the top of the table and have to be inward facing; No artwork should face out towards another creator’s table.
- Displays cannot obstruct the visibility of other artist’s tables; no signage is allowed perpendicular to the table between the table and the rear banner/display. This means you should be able to see both your neighbors and be able to look down the entire aisle and see to the end
- The sale of unlicensed material is strictly prohibited.
- All selling artists need to be 18 years of age at minimum
- All artwork displayed must be PG-13
- All artwork displayed needs to be the work of a creator who is present at the table; do not display work of a creator who is not at the show.
- Artist Alley tables are exclusively for use by creators who have artwork or other items directly related to their work for sale at their table (i.e. sketchbooks, prints, comics etc.) and cannot be used primarily for the sale of merchandise such as apparel, t-shirts, pins, charms, buttons, CDs/DVDs or plushies. A few of these items featuring your own artwork are allowed but they must not be the primary focus of your table.
- The sale of material or artwork produced by tracing or use of artificial intelligence is strictly prohibited.
- No more than two (2) creators are allowed per full sized table.
- You may not raise/move or alter your table position.
- Do not tape any signage to the floor.
- You can’t bring extra tables to set up behind or next to your table (Even if you are on an end table).
- Do not write or highlight any signage posted around Artist Alley.
- No loud music that can be disruptive to your neighbors.
- No bright lighting that will be intrusive to your neighbors.
- Please be mindful of your neighbors at all times to make an enjoyable experience for everyone.
If accepted into artist alley, you agree to all the terms and conditions for participation in the event, which can be found HERE!