Here at MCM, we know that a lot of people attend Comic Con to further their careers in the creative industries. Whether you're a student, artist, writer, or content creator, MCM Comic Con is the event for you. We’ve put together some tips to help you get the most out of your time at MCM Comic Con!
Your Guide To Educational content at MCM
The show features a variety of panels and workshops that can help you take your skills to the next level. Whether you're an artist hoping to learn more about what makes good comic art, or a writer working on your first script, there are plenty of opportunities to learn from industry experts and gain inspiration.
Are you a comic maker looking for a fresh pair of eyes to look at your portfolio? Are you just starting out and need a little help with your first steps? Don't miss the opportunity to get your portfolio reviewed at MCM Comic Con!
We have experts from all over the industry who can give you advice on how to make your portfolio stand out. They'll let you know what they like about it, what could be improved, and give tips about how to make sure that your portfolio is ready for when it comes time to show it off.
MCM Comic Con is a great opportunity to meet people from all over the world. Whether you’re an inspiring artist, author, or content creator, networking is highly important to get your name out there. But if you're shy or not sure how to approach people, the event can be a little overwhelming.
Here are some tips to help ease the anxiety when meeting new people and to make sure your time at the convention is as productive as possible:
- Bring business cards or have a QR version on your phone ready. It’s also a good idea to take notes on who you meet so that you can follow up with them later.
- Wear something that makes you feel good about yourself and confident—it can be hard to get into the right frame of mind if you don't feel nice on the outside.
- Start a conversation with anyone who looks like they might be interesting. – Be respectful of boundaries and give people space if they need it, but don’t be afraid to introduce yourself with a smile!
- Visit artists' booths. Artists are often more than happy to talk about their work, so don't be shy—ask questions! They'll appreciate it and may even give you some insider tips on how they create their artwork.
- Most importantly - have fun! The convention is full of people who are passionate about their work and love talking about it. It's a great place to get ideas for your own projects, because you never know who might be interested in what you're working on. And if they're not right now, they could be in the future!
As an MCM London Comic Con steward, you'll gain valuable experience in event management and customer service. You'll also have the opportunity to network with other staff members and learn from them—including the chance to work with our celebrity guests!
As well as all the info you need to be an awesome steward, you’ll get your very own MCM team t-shirt, FREE entry to the show on the day that you are stewarding, and the chance to work alongside our awesome MCM Team as well as the most amazing fans ever!
We're looking for people who are friendly, enthusiastic, and comfortable interacting with members of the public. If this sounds like you, then apply now!
No! We will provide all the info you need to enable you to help steward the show effectively.
Yes! We have an area for content creators designed for meet and greets with fans. We also have opportunities to book tables where you can meet fans and sell merch at the show. You can find out more here.
No, panels are included in your ticket!