Nudity is not permitted, nor are exposed costume or prosthetic genitalia. Adult fetish attire such as extreme BDSM gear is also unsuitable; email MCMcosplay@reedpop.com if in doubt.
Skimpy costumes are permitted though concessions to accuracy are needed if skimpy to the point of negligible coverage i.e. less than typical swimwear. Take extra precautions beneath a skimpy or delicate costume to avoid exposing yourself completely in the event of a costume malfunction.
With regards to costumes, please note that:
- It is the responsibility of attendees to ensure that a wristband or handstamp (at MCM's discretion) can be placed directly on your left wrist, not over costume or clothing. The MCM team cannot assist you with removing costume parts to be able to do this. Take this into account with designs or adjustments to the costume e.g adding openings at wrists of morph suits.
- The maximum dimension of a costume is 2.5 metres between any two points, excluding fabric trains and parts that collapse to a smaller size, e.g. wings that fold.
- If a costume is bulky and made of hard materials or includes parts outside of usual human dimensions you must have at least one person with you as a guide.
- Examples include full fur suits, metal armour, wings, and robots.
- Costumes, props, performances, and displays must not involve or create naked flames, explosions, smoke nor arcs or bursts of exposed electricity.
MCM reserve the right to intervene in the case of attire or costumes with the following: insensitive or unnecessary use of makeup, profanities or sexual acts; inciting of hate or crime; and uniforms, emblems, or flags of organisations responsible for crimes against humanity.