The Last Kingdom Meet and Greet FAQ
Join us Saturday, September 12th for your chance to have a one-on-one chat with your favourite stars from the Last Kingdom: Mark Rowley (Finan), Eliza Butterworth (Aelswith) and Arnas Fedaravicius (Sihtric).
Buy your tickets right here for personal one-on-one meet and greets via video chat with the actors or get them to record personalized video messages for you to have or to gift to others! The one-on-one meet and greets will be timed as follows:
Mark Rowley (Finan) 4-5pm BST. Second session 5-6pm BST.
Eliza Butterworth (Aelswith) 5-6pm BST. Second session 6-7pm BST.
Arnas Fedaravicius (Sihtric) 6-7pm BST. Second session 7-8pm BST.
Plus, each ticket for a one-on-one meet and greet comes with a video recording of the chat that will be emailed to you after the event!
What is a digital meet and greet?
Fans who purchase a digital meet and greet opportunity will be provided with a window of time (about 2 minutes) to talk to a celebrity exclusively via video chat. A recording of your session will be available to view no more than 5 business days after the event.
What do I need to participate in a digital meet and greet?
- Your order confirmation email for the meet and greet (click on the “View Your Order Online” button to access the session lobby).
- A reliable internet connection
- A supported web browser - Chrome, Firefox (for Android or Linux), Safari 11 (iOS), Chrome Firefox or Safari 11 (macOS), Chrome, Firefox or Edge (Windows)
- A working webcam connected to your device or camera on your phone or iPad
- A working microphone connected to your device
Is there a limit to how many digital meet and greets are sold?
Yes, there are a limited amount available, so we recommend buying early before they sell out.
Can I have my family and/or friends join me in my digital meet and greet?
Others are certainly welcome if they are in the same physical location as you on the same device, but another person would not be able to “virtually” join the chat from a different location. They would have to buy a separate meet and greet. Please be mindful of current social distancing rules; we do not advise taking part in a meet and greet with someone outside of your household.
Can I buy more than one digital meet and greet experience?
Yes, we do allow purchases of multiple meet and greets.
What time should I log in to the video chat?
Please make sure you are ready to join the chat at the designated time on your ticket. All ticket times are listed in British Summer Time, so if you live outside of this time zone, please make sure you are aware of that time difference. For example, if you buy your meet and greet at 5:30PM BST, and you live in Oregon, your meet and greet will start at 09:30 AM PDT. You can find a time zone convertor here. Please note however that just because the start time is 5:30PM your meet and greet could happen at any time in the 1 hour thereafter. You will be held in a virtual waiting room (where we will check that your tech is working properly) until it is your turn to have your chat.
The link you need to access the waiting room for the digital meet and greet will be located in your confirmation email and will be accessible 1 hour prior to your meet and greet start time. To access the lobby, pull up your confirmation email and click on “View Your Order Online” to be brought to a confirmation webpage. When you scroll down to the “Your Order” section, you will see a green rectangle containing a link to access your session’s lobby/waiting room.
But what if I need a bathroom break or leave my computer temporarily during this window?
Don’t worry, if we come to you and you are not at your computer we will place you back in the waiting room and come back to you again later.
What happens during the digital meet and greet?
You will have the opportunity to ask questions and chat with the celebrity during your allotted time. To make the most of your one-to-one time, here are some tips to help you prepare:
- On the day of the event, make sure you have:
- A reliable internet connection and a supported web browser. There is a button on the confirmation webpage to test your connection prior to the event
- A working webcam connected to your device or camera on your phone or tablet
- A working microphone connected to your device
- Pick a quiet location to avoid distractions
- Important: think of questions you want to ask ahead of time and write them down. Try to ask questions that have shorter answers as you want to have time to ask more than one.
- Be patient – remember there are others in line and that you’ll have to wait your turn.
- Express frustration with the process in the chat with the celebrity. They do their best to be accommodating of all fans.
- Ask inappropriate questions or do anything makes the other party feel uncomfortable in any way. Celebrities have sole discretion to determine which questions to answer, and if any interaction is deemed as inappropriate conduct then videos will terminated and withheld. Character voices cannot be guaranteed and celebrities will not endorse any products / companies during the session.
- Take pictures or recordings of the meet and greet. All celebrities feel differently about selfies and we ask that you respect their personal wishes. Specific allowances or restrictions will be specified on your ticket. If a celebrity allows selfies, ALWAYS ask before taking the photo.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFO
- There will be a timer in the chat so you will know when your session time is coming to an end
- Your session will be recorded and shared with you as a keepsake, but please let the admins know if you would prefer not to have the session recorded.
- If persons under 18 are present during a live session, they MUST be accompanied at all times by an adult.
- No profanity.
- No nudity.
Can I take pictures or record the session?
Candid photos and recording are strictly not allowed. All celebrities feel differently about selfies and we ask that you respect their personal wishes. Specific allowances or restrictions will be specified on your ticket. If a celebrity allows selfies. ALWAYS ask before taking the photo.
I had technical difficulties, or I lost my connection, or something came up and I had to leave. This resulted in my missing my scheduled 1:1 meet and greet time slot. Can I get a refund?
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer refunds if you miss your time slot for any reason, so please make sure you are prepared before the session begins.
Are you able to provide technical assistance or advice?
If something goes wrong within in the video chat, technical assistance will be provided. We unfortunately cannot offer any outside assistance and ask that those who purchase have or develop a working knowledge of the technology involved.
What is a personalized video message?
Your favorite celebrity will record a personalized video message just for you or your loved ones based on the script/instructions you give us (250-character limit). You can request a video message for a personal connection, shout-out, proposal, surprise or for a holiday. A personalized video is a great gift for a birthday, wedding, congratulations and much more. You can watch, download, and keep your video forever. Make sure you tell us the following in your message instructions:
- Your name and, if a gift, the name of the person it is for
- Enter detail such as interests, hobbies, hometown, birthday, age etc. so that the celebrity can make the message as personalized as possible.
Video messages will be about 30 to 60 seconds in length.
I have ordered a personalized video message, what happens now?
The celebrities will record the messages in the week commencing 3rd August and you will be emailed a link to download your video no later than the 12th August. Please note that celebrities have sole discretion to determine what it is appropriate to say. Character voices cannot be guaranteed and celebrities will not endorse any products/companies during the video.
I bought a ticket to a paid event but the talent had to cancel. Will I be refunded?
Absolutely. In the unlikely event that something unforeseen happens and prevents the talent from participating in one of our ticketed events, we will automatically refund the full amount of your purchase to your original form of payment. No action is needed on your part. We will send out an email to inform you of the refund. Please allow 5 business days for it to show on your statement.
What if I have a question that’s not answered here?
Please reach out to our customer service team at email@example.com and they will be happy to assist you.