1. Who are we?
- The MCM Comic Con London 2022 – Family Passport Free Prize Draw (referred to in these terms and conditions as “the Prize Draw”) is offered to you by MCM Expo Limited, whose principal place of business is at 1-6 Grand Parade, Brighton, East Sussex BN2 9QB and whose registered office is at Gateway House, 28 The Quadrant, Richmond, Surrey TW9 1DN (hereinafter also known as “we” or “us”).
- We are the organiser of the MCM Comic Con events and the owner and controller of the website, www.mcmcomiccon.com (referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “the Website”).
- The Prize Draw being run by us is for family weekend tickets for the next MCM London event, i.e. MCM Comic Con London October 2022 scheduled to be held at the ExCel Centre, London, from 28th to 30th October 2022 – up to four (4) adult passes (plus children’s passes) for Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th October 2022.
- For any queries or issues regarding the Prize Draw, please contact:
Tim Cotton, Head of Legal
28, The Quadrant
Surrey, TW9 1DN
- Alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org – we will endeavour to respond to email messages within three working days.
2. What terms, conditions and rules apply to the Competition?
- These Terms and Conditions apply to the Prize Draw. You will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them upon entering the Prize Draw, which you do so by purchasing or receiving tickets for MCM Comic Con London May 2022 (“MCM May”), utilising the “family passport”, an activity book directing attendees at MCM May around the show floor to collect stamps, collecting those stamps and, at the end of your visit, scanning the QR code which will lead you to: https://register.growtix.com/f/8da56dab-8dbe-4d68-9389-22caa01176c4
- If you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions, you may be excluded from access to the Prize Draw.
- Entry into the Prize Draw is only as outlined above.
- Unfortunately, the following persons are excluded from entering the Prize Draw and their entries will not be considered:
- (a) employees of MCM Expo Limited or Reed Exhibitions Limited and any associated company of Reed Exhibitions Limited;
- (b) employees and contractors of the ExCel Centre, London; and
- (c) any person directly or indirectly involved in the running of the Prize Draw;
3. Prize Draw Guidelines
- You will only be entitled to submit one entry for the Prize Draw. Any duplicate entries will be removed.
- The Prize Draw is open for the duration of MCM May. Any entries received outside this period will not be accepted.
- We may, at our discretion, alter, amend, suspend or withdraw the Prize Draw without prior notice. We will not change the terms unless forced to do so by unavoidable circumstances outside of our control. Any such changes will be indicated on the Website and it is your responsibility to check for any changes.
- The Prize is a family weekend pass for MCM Comic Con London October 2022 scheduled to be held at the ExCel Centre, London, from 28th to 30th October 2022, which weekend pass will consist of up to four (4) adult tickets (plus children’s passes) for Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th October 2022
- The Prize is the only prize and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other equivalent or sold or transferred to a third party without our formal prior approval, such approval not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
4. How much will it cost me to enter the Prize Draw?
Entry is free of charge. No purchase is necessary, but, if you are the Winner, you will be responsible for any travel and other related costs to attend MCM Comic Con London October 2022.
5. Selection of Winner
- On or around Wednesday 1st June 2022, an entrant will be drawn at random from the Prize Draw entries received from all qualifying entrants and that entrant will become the Winner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions as (“the Winner”),
- If you are the Winner, we reserve the right to verify your eligibility and to check or validate your identity. If you have been asked for proof of your identity and/or your eligibility, your failure to provide such proof within a reasonable period of time could result in your disqualification from the Prize Draw and a fresh Winner selected. All personal details and information you supply must be truthful and accurate.
- The Winner will be notified via email or another medium provided to us sometime during the week commencing Monday 6th June 2022 and certainly by Friday 17th June 2022. In order to redeem the Prize, the Winner will be required to send their acceptance to us via email, so that the Prize and accompanying details can be despatched to the Winner.
- If you are the Winner, we may ask your permission to take your photograph or we may ask you to provide a photograph. Subject to receiving your consent, you authorise us to use such image and likeness of you for our own promotional purposes only in any media.
- We must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid prize award took place. To comply with this obligation, we will send the surname and county of the Winner of the Prize to anyone who emails us or writes to the address set out in paragraph 1 (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the Prize Draw being drawn. If you object to your surname and county being published or made available, please contact us at the email address at the top of these Terms and Conditions. In such circumstances, you should note that we must still provide the information and Winner’s details to the Advertising Standards Authority, on request.
- How will we use your personal details?
- We will only use your personal details to operate the Prize Draw to verify your identity and eligibility, to notify you if you are the Winner and to use the Winner’s surname, county as well as, with your consent, your photograph for promotional purposes only.
- How far are we liable or responsible to you?
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions removes or limits our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for any liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law. These Terms and Conditions also do not affect the rights that are granted to you as a consumer by law. Otherwise, we will not be liable to you for any matter relating to the Prize Draw offered by us. We will also not be liable to you if you suffer loss or inconvenience because of the failures of persons or systems that we do not directly control – for example, mobile phone network operators, internet service providers, postal services, software providers and telephone traffic handlers.
- The legal position of these terms and condition
- These Terms and Conditions form a legally binding agreement between you and us. We reserve the right to change them and update them from time to time but, if we do so, we will post the changes on the Website.
- The Prize Draw is run and organised by us strictly in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 27th May 2022.