- Only pre-registered MCM Comic Con visitors who are ticket holders, visitors who register on the day and exhibitor badge holders will be able to attend MCM Comic Con.
- Tickets bought onsite at MCM Comic Con will be of a higher price than those purchased in advance online before the advanced purchase deadline.
- MCM Comic Con’s operating hours, schedules, panels, autograph sessions, photo opportunities, artists, speakers, show features, performances and other presentations and special events are subject to change or cancellation without notice. All such special events are subject to availability, and access is not guaranteed and/or may require an additional ticket or fee.
- Ticket/wristband holders acknowledge that there are hazards and risks of physical injury or illness to attendees at MCM Comic Con and that not all such hazards or risks can be fully eliminated. MCM Comic Con attendees assume all risk incidental to attending MCM Comic Con, to participate in any and all activities and for loss or damage to property or to persons, whether or not caused by the negligence of the Organiser, and release the Organiser and its respective employees and agents from any and all related claims
- All MCM Comic Con attendees must adhere to the MCM Comic Con Anti-Harassment: https://www.mcmcomiccon.com/antiharassmentpolicy2018.pdf and Weapons policies: https://www.mcmcomiccon.com/weaponspolicy2018.pdf
- Everyone attending MCM Comic Con is required to comply with the Organisers’ safety and security requirements.
- Anyone attending any session, panel discussion, presentation, stage performance or other special events may have their badge or wristband scanned if such technology is available and used at that particular MCM show. Through such attendance and scanning, that person will be agreeing to be contacted by the Organiser and to having their personal data (name and contact details) shared with whichever exhibitor, vendor, company or entity that scanned the badge.
- The Organiser does not knowingly collect personal data from individuals under the age of 18. If the Organiser becomes aware that it has inadvertently collected any such data it shall be promptly deleted from the Organiser’s records.
- Tickets for MCM Comic Con are non-refundable and non-transferable and cannot be reproduced, resold or upgraded. The unauthorised resale or attempted resale of any ticket is prohibited and will constitute a forfeiture of the ticket without refund or compensation.
- In conjunction with our ‘Kids Go Free’ offer [During priority entry times, two children aged 5 and under are permitted free entry per paid priority ticket. After general entry has opened, two children aged 10 and under are permitted entry with each paid general ticket], attendees aged 10 and under will not require a ticket to attend MCM Comic Con but must be accompanied by adults. Certain special events may be separately ticketed with all attendees requiring a ticket, regardless of age.
- Each ticket must be used by the same person for entry on each day of MCM Comic Con. Ticket holders must not allow their tickets to be used by anyone else. Any failure is likely to lead to the original ticket holder and the person using the ticket being removed from MCM Comic Con.
- Anyone obtaining an MCM Comic Con visitor or exhibitor badge or ticket by theft, deception or other illegal means may be asked to leave the event. The Organiser is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets.
- Anyone attending MCM Comic Con should carry some form of photo-ID (passport, photo-ID driving license, national identity card) or other identification acceptable to the Organisers which the Organisers may ask to see.
- Any visitor to MCM Comic Con under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and the Organiser recommends that any visitor under the 18 is accompanied by a parent or guardian. Visitors with children will be responsible for their children and will be asked to put their mobile number on a wristband to be worn by the child.
- Attendees under the age of 18 must obtain the permission of a parent or legal guardian before sending any information to MCM Comic Con, entering any sweepstakes or contests at MCM Comic Con, posting any information on MCM Comic Con or related websites, or purchasing any goods online related to MCM Comic Con. The submission of information to MCM Comic Con or the purchase and/or use of a ticket to MCM Comic Con is a representation and confirmation that you are aged 18 or over or have obtained the consent of a parent or legal guardian. If you are the parent or legal guardian of an MCM Comic Con attendee that is under the age of 18, it is your responsibility to check the suitability of MCM Comic Con for such attendee, regardless of official age restrictions.
- MCM Comic Con’s on-site or web-enabled technologies, including but not limited to on-site Wi-Fi, on-site interactive kiosks, and any mobile applications associated with MCM Comic Con (the “Digital Technologies”) are neither directed at nor intended for use by individuals under the age of 18 without the supervision of a parent or guardian.
- With the exception of guide dogs or other service animals, no pets or animals of any description will be allowed into MCM Comic Con.
- Anyone attending MCM Comic Con must not take part in any canvassing, leafleting, demonstrations, objectionable behaviour or wear offensive apparel or be involved in any activity which may disrupt MCM Comic Con.
- The Organiser reserves the right to deny entry to or remove any visitor from MCM Comic Con who in the Organiser’s sole and absolute discretion is behaving or threatening to behave in a manner which the Organiser reasonably considers to be objectionable or disruptive to MCM Comic Con.
- Press badges at MCM Comic Con are restricted to media members regularly making editorial contributions (editorial press) only. Editorial press includes writers, reporters, reviewers, producers, photographers and cameramen who are attending specifically to write about MCM Comic Con and/or cover the event for newspapers, magazines, TV, blogs, podcasts, radio associated with the pop culture industry. Members of the press may be required to complete an application form and produce accreditation in the form of a recognised press or media card, business card, NUJ card, a letter from the editor or an official web address linking to a press release in order to verify their position. Press applications from advertising personnel and media sales representatives will not be accepted.
Photography and Recording
- Official MCM Comic Con photographers will be taking photographs and filming videos at MCM Comic Con. Anyone attending MCM Comic Con consents to such photography and filming without compensation and confirms that the Organisers shall be entitled to use such photographs and videos, which may include photographs and videos of visitors and their likenesses and/or sound recordings of visitors’ voices, for the purpose of marketing MCM Comic Con in future, for exploitation in any and all media worldwide, without liability.
Reservation of Rights
- The Organisers reserve the right to exclude or remove anyone from MCM Comic Con who does not comply with this policy or who they reasonably consider is likely to break these rules or who is prohibited from attending under any applicable sanctions, laws or regulations, or otherwise at the Organisers’ discretion.
Service, Safety and Security at our Events
The safety and security of our staff and attendees is our priority. We work closely with the venue, local and national authorities to identify risks, assess them and develop security plans for our events.
Everyone attending our events should be aware that the following are in place:
- Customer Service staff may approach you to assist you outside, at entry or inside the event
- Staff and attendees are required to wear ID badges provided
- Bag checks are in operation at our events
- Walkthrough or hand held scanners may be in operation at our events
- CCTV in operation at our events is monitored and recorded
- Uniformed and covert Security Guards are in attendance at our events
- Uniformed and covert Police are in attendance at some of our events
- Canine Security and Detection is in operation at some of our events
Everyone attending our events is requested to:
- Keep personal property with you at all times and do not leave any items unattended
- Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious or just out of place to a member of event staff
- Remain patient and courteous with event staff undertaking security checks.
- Follow the instructions of event staff at all times
- On their final visit to the event, dispose of their badge inside the event or when they’ve returned home, not in bins immediately outside the event.
If you have any feedback or questions about event security, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org