We’d love to work with you to bring your business to MCM Comic Con, there are some great benefits to choosing to exhibit with us;
- Visitor numbers are increasing amongst our entire portfolio and we have big plans to drive growth across the MCM brand
- Our fanbase covers a wide demographic of age groups and interests including; Film & TV, Comics, Manga, Anima, Cosplay, Video Games and all aspects of geek and collector culture. They love to come to our shows, and they love to see what’s new and what’s nostalgic in pop culture.
- ReedPOP, new owners of MCM Comic Con, specialise in delivering world class celebrations of pop culture to fans globally. MCM is now a part of the family of geeky professionals who deliver New York Comic Con, Star Wars Celebration, the PAX game shows, plus high-profile pop events on five continents. Our global reach will bring new fans, new media interest, and new exposure for your business.
- We’re investing in our Comic Villages across all shows, bringing respected artistic talent and fresh comic programming to audiences
- We bring celebrity guests with huge followings amongst our broad pop culture audience, from A-list to cult favourites
It’s an exciting time to exhibit at MCM Comic Cons!Click HERE for more information
Q What is a Dealer/Sales Table?
A Dealer/Sales Table is a single 6 foot (1.8m) wide x 2 foot (0.6096m) deep table (Unless you book more than 1) that you sell or display items from.
Q How does the booking process work?
A The booking process works as follows:
- Follow the link above to our dealer booking system
- Select the event you want to book for from the available shows
- Read the instructions on the top of the form
- Click the link to open the floor plan
- If you are an existing dealer who has attended an MCM Expo Group event previously and have your dealer code please fill it in and push the Pre-fill Form button, alternatively provide the information under Step 1.
- Select the location you wish to book under Step 2. Only locations that are available to book will show up an be visible. If you wish to add more tables within the same block and require another row for input, click [Add more Tables for this block]
- Once you have selected your location, select your optional extra’s under Step 3.
- Read the Terms & Conditions and tick the box if you agree. Please keep in mind we cannot take your booking if you do not agree with our terms and conditions.
- Click on the Submit button to send us your order.
- The Dealer department will review your order and once it has been accepted you will be sent a confirmation email which contains an overview of your booking and a link to your online payment gateway.
- Follow the link to the payment gateway, you must pay a minimum 50% of the total amount without discounts as a deposit. Please ensure you make this payment within 24hrs after receiving the confirmation email or your booking will be cancelled automatically with no reminder sent!
Q Can I become a dealer?
A Dealer tables are open to a wide variety of people. As long as your products fit the theme of our show, are legal to sell in the UK to the public attending and you are willing to comply to any & all regulations regarding the sales of good & services, either based in law, the event location’s policies or MCM Expo Group’s policies, you can be a dealer at one of our events. Please be aware that there are additional restrictions on products of an adult nature, weapons and foods and we strongly recommend anyone who wants to sell these types of products at our events to contact us before booking Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q How do I book?
A Follow the information and link above to the Dealer Booking Forms & select the event you wish to book for. Follow the instructions on the form. Once you have completed your booking the dealer booking department will check it and once it’s accepted you will receive a confirmation email. This email contains an overview of your booking and a link to our secure payment gateway. Please follow this link and pay the minimum 50% deposit within 24 hours so we can reserve your location.
Q What is the size of a dealer table?
A The size of a table is 6ft (1800mm) wide x 2ft (600mm) deep and the height is 2ft 5in (730) mm.
Q What is the difference between a centre and a perimeter table?
A When looking at the floorplan certain tables are backed up against the walls or are around the outside of the halls, these are perimeter tables. All other tables are centre tables.
Q Is the floor plan as shown on the booking site final?
A All floor plans are preliminary copies and may change in the run up to an event. Although we take the utmost care when providing you with the information during the booking process, due to the nature of the event changes to the floor plan are unavoidable. As changes to the floor plan happen frequently we do not send out notifications of these changes.Changes to the floor plan are no grounds for cancelling your order. If due to the floor plan change your location is no longer available we will strive to provide you with a location of equal or greater cost.
Q What is a backing table?
A A backing table is a second table equal in size to your main table which is placed behind your existing booked table thus doubling your sales surface space from 6 x 2ft to 6ft x 4ft (This table can only be used behind your main table, NOT at the side or anywhere else and is supplied by MCM Expo Group, you are NOT allowed to bring in your own tables!)
Q Can I bring my own tables?
A No you can only use tables supplied by the MCM Expo Group ( The organisers)
Q Can I use my own grid wall / clothes rails?
A Yes you can use your own grid wall/clothes rails etc as long as you stay within your area.
Q Is there a height restriction?
A Yes, any display that exceeds 3m high must be notified in advance, if the wall or display is found to be in excess of 3 metres in height without prior notification to us in writing then the venue & MCM Expo Group (The organisers ) have the right to take it down.
Q What can I sell?
A Anything as long as its legal in this country. If you are selling any kind of food item or drink you need to contact us first for clearance Email: email@example.com
All displays must be in good taste and reflect a family friendly environment.
Q How many chairs do I get?
A You get one chair per table booked.
Q How many dealer wristbands come with my booking?
A The general rule of thumb is your main tables + 1. For example: 1 table = 2 wristbands, 2 tables = 3 wristbands etc but there is a limit. These are wristbands and stay on the whole three days of the event, if lost or damaged there is a replacement fee, any questions Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q Can I buy more dealer wristbands?
A Yes – they are available at the time of booking, alternatively contact email@example.com to add them later on.
Q I have different people helping during the different days of the event, can we share wristbands?
A No, wristbands are valid for the entire event and at NO time are allowed to be shared or transferred to another person, anyone found doing so will render the wristband null and void and will need to purchase a new one and there are NO exceptions!
Q I have more wristbands with my booking than I actually need can I give my spare wristbands to someone else?
A NO, wristbands are non-transferable and are intended solely for people who are working on your stand or Dealer/Sales table. if you are found to be giving them to anyone else regardless, they will be made null an void!
Q When is set up?
A Set up is from 2pm to 8pm on the Friday of the event and 7.30am to 8.45am on the Saturday.
Q Do I get a parking pass?
A One parking pass per booking is included, this lasts for the time of the event in the case of MCM Birmingham Comic Con this is from 2pm to on the Friday until 8pm and 7.30am on the Saturday until 8pm and 8am on Sunday until 8pm . It is your responsibility at all times to make sure you pick up a parking pass on arrival. We cannot replace lost or damaged parking passes, if a replacement is needed this will be purchased directly from the venue. Please ensure you have valid parking pass at all times otherwise you run the risk of either being clamped and or ticketed and the onus is on you at all times to know where to park and any fines will be your responsibility.
Q Can I use clamps, screws to fix to the table to create displays?
A You can use clamps to fix displays, rack etc., to a table BUT you must NOT use any fixings that screw into or damage the table in anyway. You will be charged the FULL price of replacing a table if any damage is caused.
Q What can I use to create a display on the wall behind my table?
A You may not damage or mark the wall. However, you can use blue-tack, white-tack or double sided velcro, as long as you ensure no residue is left on the wall. You WILL be charged for any damage or cleaning costs incurred!
Q Do the MCM Expo Group supply table covers or clothes of any type?
A No, the MCM Expo Group do NOT supply table covers of clothes of any type and we do not keep any in stock. You must supply these and ALL tables must be covered.
Q If something gets lost, stolen or broken am I covered on MCM Expo Group insurance?
A At NO point is any of your stock, items or personal belonging covered under MCM Expo Group insurance. You will have to arrange your own insurance cover.
Q What do we do with our stock when the show closes for the day?
A In most cases is suffices to cover up your wares. With the exception of special activities on the MCM main stage no members of the public are allowed in the hall after closing. The people in the MCM main stage will be guided out via the main walkway and are not allowed to roam amongst the stalls. Security is also present after the show closes, however, we do not take any responsibility for your goods, at all times the responsibility remains with you to secure them and insure them as needed.
Q What do we do with our stock after the show finishes?
A Please ensure you take all your belongings. If you cannot take all your goods and materials with you for whatever reason please make arrangements with one of the storage providers who can safely store your goods for you to pick up at a later date. Everything left in the hall after breakdown will be cleared and considered to be trash by the venue and will be destroyed.
Q I changed my mind and want to cancel my booking, can I get my money back?
A No, all booking are final, non-refundable and non-transferable for any reason.
Q What does a dealer block look like?
A For standard dealer tables we provide a table and a chair. The tables are either positions in a row along the perimeter or in a block which generally consists of 10 – 18 tables. Each dealer location is assigned its own space to ensure that there are exists and walkways.
VAT POLICY AND LIABILITY INSURANCE
In order to exhibit at one of our shows, please note that the following VAT rules will apply:
Please note location is based on invoice address
- Exhibitors and dealers based in the UK will be charged 20% UK VAT on all products and services.
- Any charges relating to admissions will be charged 20% UK VAT, no matter where an exhibitor or dealer is based.
- Exhibitors and dealers based in Europe, outside the UK, will not be charged VAT on their invoice provided a valid VAT number is supplied. These exhibitors and dealers will need to use standard reverse charge procedures to declare the VAT (inputs and the outputs) on their local VAT return.
- Exhibitors or dealers based in Europe, outside the UK, who are unable to supply a valid VAT number will be charged 20% UK VAT. In very limited circumstances, we might be able to qualify these exhibitors or dealers as trade customers without a VAT number.
- Exhibitors and dealers in the rest of the world outside the UK and Europe will not be charged VAT provided they can supply proof that they operate a business registered business in their local country.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Why am I paying VAT now at MCM when I did not before?
A: Invoices have been billed as space only, but as we refer to HMRC guidance we understand that MCM Comic Con provides other services for your show experience, including hall cleaning, marketing, security, promotions and more, making the transaction subject to VAT at the local rate of 20%.
Q: Am I able to refuse services and thus not pay VAT?
A: Standard convention services supplied by MCM are packaged together in your exhibition experience. They cannot be itemized or chosen separately.
Q: This is a 20% price increase
A: VAT is recoverable in most scenarios. For those without a UK registration, there are direct methods to claim back the VAT through HMRC (https://www.gov.uk/reclaim-vat).
PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE
It is a condition of participation at one of our events that you must be able to meet any potential liabilities arising from any incidents caused by you, your staff or your contractors. You have the option of paying for an Exhibitor Indemnity to enhance the terms and conditions to include an indemnity for your liability and loss of property at the event. If you wish to make your own arrangements to cover these liabilities, a waiver form will be provided which needs to be completed and is kept on record.
If you do not possess appropriate insurance for this event you will not be allowed to exhibit.
If you want to book a Booth, Stand or floor space then will need to visit the ‘Stands & Corporate’ Section: CLICK HERE