The NEC is situated 8 miles East of Birmingham city centre; its central location ensures it is at the hub of the UK motorway network. Visitors from any direction can travel to The NEC site directly using the following motorways – M1, M5, M6, M6 Toll, M40 and M42.
The NEC is signposted on motorways and major roads and is marked on most good maps. If you are travelling by car, we recommend that you allow plenty of time for your journey. For live traffic updates, visit the Highways Agency website here
As a free flowing alternative to the M6, the M6 Toll offers reliably shorter journey times through the West Midlands. It runs between Junctions 3A and 11A of the M6, and there is easy access to the NEC/LG ARENA via the M6toll / M42.
> M6 Toll Website
Using Sat Nav
If you are using a satellite navigation system please enter the postcode B40 1NT to pinpoint us. Please be aware that the Sat Nav system will not direct you into an onsite car park. Please follow the clearly signposted directions once in the vicinity of the venue.
We have a variety of parking offers available so you can now choose the best option for your visit.
Please note, some events may include standard car parking as part of the ticket price. Please see the event details page in the What’s On section to find out more.
NEC Express Parking – £20 per day
If you want convenience and like to plan ahead, NEC Express could be for you – which can be booked through the venue itself.
- Guaranteed parking space in designated area
- Close to the halls for easy access throughout the day
- Pre-book online up to 23:59 on the day before your show
- Avoid payment queues at parking kiosks
Standard Parking – £12 per day
We have thousands of standard on site parking spaces in our North, South, East and West Car Parks. We also have new shuttle buses to improve your journey from these car parks to the venue (excluding West Car Parks).
Standard parking is not pre-bookable. Simply follow the signs when you arrive at the NEC for car parks that are open for your event.
Disabled Parking – £12 per day
Disabled parking at the NEC has moved from being free of charge to costing £12, bringing it in line with the majority of other venues. However, we have also improved the service for our visitors in many ways:
- The parking area is fully signposted and close to the venue.
- We have recently introduced shelters and dedicated help points in the disabled car parks for those visitors who require assistance which ring through to the venue. From here, a porter service is provided to take you to the Bartrams mobility collection point.
- Free wheelchairs for blue badge holders will be available (booking in advance is advised). Booking information can be found here.
- Wheelchairs and mobility scooters will also be available in the venue at a charge to visitors requesting them. As with all venues, the number of wheelchairs is limited so, we would ask people with their own wheelchairs to please bring them
- A Parking Attendant is also on hand to help out offer a more personal service feel.